PWA's are web apps developed using a number of specific technologies and standard patterns to allow them to take advantage of both web and native app features.
PWA's are not created with a single technology. They represent a new philosophy for building web apps, involving some specific patterns, APIs, and other features. It's not that obvious if a web app is a PWA or not from first glance. An app could be considered a PWA when it meets certain requirements, or implements a set of given features: works offline, is installable, is easy to synchronize, can send push notifications, etc.
Progressive Web Apps are installable and live on the user's home screen, without the need for an app store. They offer an immersive full screen experience with help from a web app manifest file and can even re-engage users with web push notifications.
Progressive Web Apps are user experiences that have the reach of the web, and are:
- Reliable - Load instantly and never show the downasaur, even in uncertain network conditions.
- Fast - Respond quickly to user interactions with silky smooth animations and no janky scrolling.
- Engaging - Feel like a natural app on the device, with an immersive user experience.
- This new level of quality allows Progressive Web Apps to earn a place on the user's home screen.
Benefits of PWAs for users:
- short loading time
- good performance in poor network conditions
- small size
- app-like features (add to home screen, offline mode, push notifications)
- avoid app aggregators (Google Play, App Store, etc.)
- instant updates
PWAs have the following advantages for businesses:
1- there is no need for a middleman to download and install the software.
2- fast loading times, even at peak traffic
3- a greater percentage of user engagement and conversion
4- help in the search results (thanks to mobile-first approach)
5- a smooth transition from social media (Instagram, etc). and a stronger marketing return on investment
6-all-in-one development, update, and product information procedures
Interested in knowing more about PWA’s and how can your company benefit from them?