The Mid Manual Quality Assurance will be involved in the planning; process and the test execution of all the rounds of the development of the apps and web platforms.
ParallelDevs believes in doing the right thing for our customers, for our business, for our employees. We do this by treating people the way we want to be treated: being fair, honest, respectful and considerate..
Leadership - Do what’s right, no matter how difficult
Collaboration - Take advantage of the collective knowledge, be a teamplayer
Transparency - Be authentic
Responsibility - Be up to the task
Grow - Grow and Inspire your peers to be better
Quality - Show attention to details
Role and Responsibilities
- Test enterprise; open source based web apps individually or as a part of a team.
- Take part in the documentation and recollection of client requirements, development of user stories and estimations.
- Estimate, plan, prioritize and coordinate testing across mobile, web & Smart TV applications and their supporting services.
- Write functional and system test plans based on application and service specifications as well as functional exploration.
- Analyze, detect, and report issues, as well as suggest improvements on applications, based on industry standards, using Jira as the tool of preference for ticket creation.
- Organize tests and test plans using test case management tools.
- Perform or oversee post deployment checks for production releases.
- Execute automated tests using various automated test tools and frameworks.
- Stay updated on test and software development lifecycle methods and technologies in order to help evolve and grow testing effectiveness.
- Monitor and manage web, service, and mobile app releases through the release lifecycle as well as mobile app store submissions.
- Identifies defects in multiple environments and throughout all phases of the development life cycle
- Owns the product, becomes an expert on the product and its use.
Basic knowledge, skills and experience
- Technical Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- Detail-oriented and thorough in testing assignments.
- Researches and proactively recommends improvements for testing tools and techniques
- Well organized
- Ability to take initiative and proactively offer suggestions and resolutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt if needed
- Highly motivated
- Teamwork skills and interpersonal abilities are a must
Required Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Understanding of control version concepts (GIT)
- English written skill level 80%, conversational 65%.
- Experience with QA methodologies and the Agile development cycle.
- Strong understanding of HTML y HTML5 concepts
Valued Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of Unit testing
- SCSS Knowledge
- Drupal knowledge
- WordPress Knowledge
- Intermediate or Advanced english level.
- QA certificate ISTQB
- Solid comprehension of JS concepts
- Automated test experience
English Language Skills
Minimum English level desired is B1* based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF or CEFR).
B1*Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you.
Please send your application letter and your CV in PDF format to email@example.com