What is like to work at ParallelDevs?
Ranked as one of the top #15 Web Development Companies in Latin America by Clutch for 2017, ParallelDevs is a top Open Source Agency in Costa Rica. We love what we do, and have fun on a daily basis while doing it. We work in a fast-moving industry, therefore, we provide opportunities for internal collaboration and knowledge sharing, we also provide resources for professional development.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Experience in building web services and developing communication between PHP CMS systems and other platforms would be an advantage.
Applicant should have experience with SSH, Unix, and the Command Line.
Experience with Drupal or other open source CMSs/communities gets you an interview immediately.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain proficiency with content management solutions such as WordPress and Drupal.
- Work within a creative team to develop and maintain highly visible agency websites
- Set up, manage, and configure hosting environments
- Proactively perform cross-browser testing and optimizations
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code
- Maintain working knowledge of new development software, trends, and practices related to your responsibilities
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with PHP frameworks like Symfony or Laravel.
- Familiarity with Jira, Jenkins, Github, bitbucket y Gitlab
- Experience working on most phases of applications programming activities, independent of supervisory guidance.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver, ability to come up with solutions to diverse problems
- Experienced with MySQL database infrastructure
- Familiar with formal QA methodologies, processes and techniques
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Strong knowledge of custom WordPress development, including theme, plugin, and widget development, as well as Admin UI
- Understanding of WordPress filters, hooks, queries, custom post types, custom fields, taxonomies and page templates
- Experience with Web Services, and SOAP (Opcional)
- Experience creating and extending custom Drupal modules
- Site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels
- Experienced with Non-SQL database like MongoDB
- Familiarity with Agile management concepts.
- Knowledge and experience with other CMS such as Drupal.
- Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics
English Language Skills
Minimum English level desired is B1* based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF or CEFR).
B1*Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst traveling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.